About this blog

Some feelings are best expressed when written.. It gives you the freedom to think and the ability to relive that moment.. so here I go scribbling all those random feelings I experience..

Monday, November 3, 2008

Moms!! the best cooks..

I always wanted to make all those delicacies typically mumma’s style.. and did get an opportunity when I desperately had a craving for gulab jamun’s recently..

it was a task in itself when I tried my level best to recollect every step mom followed to make those ‘melt in the mouth’ gulab jamun’s.. After an hour of struggling with the batter (inspite of having instructions behind the packet) and another hour of wondering how to make the sugar syrup, finally the gulab jamun’s were made..

All those who know me and my experiments in the kitchen would have guessed by now, that it turned out to be a total disaster.. its difficult to make out whether it’s sugar syrup or then sugar itself.. and the jamun’s.. u need a knife and a fork to eat them.. haha..

I think its better to leave certain delicacies to the mom’s itself.. atleast it will ensure you don’t develop a dislike for it.. :)

PS: I so very wanted to click a pic of the great creation but then didn’t want to humiliate my self any more..

No comments: