About this blog

Some feelings are best expressed when written.. It gives you the freedom to think and the ability to relive that moment.. so here I go scribbling all those random feelings I experience..

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Embarrassing yet funny


How many of us have experienced a situation which is funny and embarrassing at the same time.. and despite the feeling to murder the person who put you in it, you just couldn’t help laughing..

We had this party in our factory for motivating the workers, and ignoring all my pleas to be excused my boss forced me to the floor.. this would have been a very common situation if a) I was not the only lady in a lot of around 200 employees and b) if it was not my very first meeting with all the people in the factory..

So the music was nice and there were plenty of people already dancing to the beats.. I stepped on the floor and I could see a slight movement among the dancing lot.. (initially I felt they were just trying to make way for me to join them..) but when I made my first move and happened to look around that I realized I was all alone and everyone was staring at me.. so here I was the only lady on the floor, with a few dozen of people staring at me, and my boss grinning in the far end of the room.. All I felt was to kill him.. but the sudden realization made me forget that I had just stood still for a few seconds and the entire crowd burst out laughing..

It didn’t seem hilarious until someone from the crowd said.. “whether or not we remember anyone else from the regional office, Namrata will always be recognized”.. what a way to be remembered is all I had to say to myself..

No comments: